26 October 2013

A Nook for Baby

As crazy as it is for me to believe, we're less than a week away from our due date!

























I can't remember when exactly my nesting instinct kicked in, but it's definitely in high gear now :) I've been working little by little on the nursery for the last few months, there are still a few details to pull together so I'll share that when I can. In the meantime though baby will be rooming in with us in this cozy little corner :) 

I love love LOVE our bassinet. I fell so hard for it online (at PB), but considering we'd need a crib down the line, the price tag was not happening. Then when I finally considered the splurge, I found out they're no longer sold in Canada - or even shipped here! Weird right? I scoured craigslist for weeks while seriously debating the one by Restoration Hardware (and elaborately rationalizing the price in my crazy pregnant brain :), until I finally found this one on Kijiji - definitely one of those clouds parting angels singing moments! And bonus - it was generously gifted to us by family :) We've left the skirt and bumper off for now, I kind of like it with the bottom exposed? Best part is that we can roll it next to our bed at night for easy access during midnight feedings. 

Can't wait to meet this little bun...and be a mom (I know, right?!)! 

7 comments:

  1. very exciting time for you right now, enjoy every minute of it!! oh and i love the bassinet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Silvia! I'm trying my best to cherish these last few days of pregnancy :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your sweet Bebe to be! Love the bassinet. So charming. Love the plaid throw too. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The throw is actually from Ikea! I got it last year but I'm pretty sure they still have it :)

      Delete
  3. So excited for you Samaa! Love the bassinet, had one with my first son but left it back in the Philippines, would've given it to you in a heart beat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I just found your blog and am loving it! Thanks for sharing....and congrats on your new baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Doris! So happy you came by :)

      Delete